Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day one: I am thankful

Today is the first day in the 30 days of thankfulness. I am going to try to blog about 30 reasons I have to be thankful. (I have many reasons, this is just a small selection of them:0)

Today I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful for life. A life provided my my parents. A life with much love. A life with many lessons all leading me to be the person I am today. I am grateful for their sacrifices, love, and commitment. I see more of my parents choices and words come from me almost daily.

I am thankful for my siblings. Although we are not as close as I'd like us to be, I know without a doubt, I can call on them in times of need and they will be here for me, as I would be for them. We have the kind of relationship that allows long periods of little communication without disruption of conversation and affection when we come together for a holiday. We have no lack of love for one another.

I am thankful for my immediate family whose love knows no limit. My husband, my best friend and confidant. I am thankful for our differences as well as our similarities. He sees me in a way no other person can. He knows my strengths and weaknesses and loves me inspite of them. I can count on his support when I need it. I can count on a formidable foe in the event of a disagreement, he loves to argue as much as I do. :0) I am lucky to live each day without worry of infidelity, or abuse, or an end to our love. I feel confident after nearly 15 years that he is the one God chose for me. I love him now more than I did then, and I was quite smitten in 1998.

I am thankful for my children. They are the mirror upon which I see my successes and shortcomings. They have the ability to infuriate me and make me laugh in a matter of seconds. They love like no other children I know. The oldest being a lot like me. Especially his lack of personality (desirable personality at least) in the morning. He is so much like me it is painful for us to be in the same room some mornings. After all, how many bears do you want around you? At the same time he has a big heart and is very entertaining. He is a fabulous artist and lover of people. He is sassy and sweet. He loves to make his dad and I proud and it cuts him to the core to displease us. The youngest is a spitfire. He can talk the ears off the lady at the checkout. He will have a room laughing in mere seconds. He has the energy that never ceases, especially verbal energy. He is known to bust out in song at random and unpredictable times. He would give the shirt off his back to bring a smile to most anyone's face. He lives to please. In the morning, he is a reflection of his father. WAY TOO HAPPY and Loud. He awakens full of energy and it lasts and lasts. I love the smiles on my boys' faces. I love to see the pride of a job well done in their eyes. They amaze me daily. I am thankful for my three boys :0)

I am thankful for my foster kids. The kids from the past, present and future. These kids are amazing. They come from varied unpleasant or undesirable backgrounds and they continue to live and love beyond what most people would think is possible. I am thankful for the lesson in resilience. I am thankful for the opportunity to show them love and guidance. I am thankful for their little hearts. I have learned much from them and I pray they come away from us a little richer too.

There you have it.... Join me tomorrow for day 2 of 30 days of thankful. Feel free to link up in the comments. I'd love to join you on your journey of thankfulness this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Please be respectful of other. Kind language only. Opinions are great, harsh or unkind judgements will not be posted. All comments are moderated, so please be patient; and if you followed the rules yours will appear soon :0)