Sunday, August 12, 2012

Transition of the Trio...

This last week has been transition week for the trio. I have driven back and forth to the current home of the parent they will be living with. They have been super thrilled to have visits on a more regular basis. They are excited to be living with their birth family again. Their birth parent seems to have most of the ducks in a row. There is still a thing or two that would make me more comfortable if it was worked out, but it's not about me. It's about them, and the needs of their family.

 Right?

Its funny, (not funny~ haha, but funny~ different) how this transition feels compared with some of the others we have experienced.  Also funny, is how ready I am to let the kids go. I love them. I am ready to give them back to their family. These kids have been the hardest kids we have had in a very long time. I didn't realize just how much time they took to manage until they slept over with the parent and I had 3 toddlers and my birth 2 and the house was peaceful, and relaxed. I am a bit ready for that for a while.I will worry about them, and welcome them back, if the need arises. For now, I am ready for a change of pace.  Although, there is another kid in the system whom I would love to welcome to our family, and rumor has it, this little one may be looking to be moved from the current placement. Pray they ask us to take this one in! Or that I get to keep contact with the child.

Do you have any questions about the transition process? Foster parenting? Other? Please leave a comment and I will answer to the best of my experience and ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Please be respectful of other. Kind language only. Opinions are great, harsh or unkind judgements will not be posted. All comments are moderated, so please be patient; and if you followed the rules yours will appear soon :0)